Some users intentionally use the proxy for online protection. Sometimes, the proxy is turned on without users conscience. The change in the proxy setting occurs because of malicious or incorrect software installation. Not being able to disable proxy can cause many problems including;
- Unable in loading web page
- Slow in web page load
Let’s see how to disable proxy on Windows 10.
Method 1: Disable proxy on Windows: Use Registry editor
Windows stores much of its settings on the registry. You can enable or disable may operation by editing registry. But, do remember, edit of the registry is tricky and risky. The wrong operation in registry editor can damage the system. So the operation carefully with your own risk.
- Press Win key + R to open Run dialogue.
- Type regedit and click on OK or hit enter.
- Now follow the path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings. You have to select the path from the left panel.
- Find ProxySettingsPerUser on the right panel. If you don’t find this, try the method.
Right-click on the right panel and then click on new. Now locate DWord (32-bit) Value, name it to ProxySettingsPerUser.
5. After rename it double-click on it. Set its value to 1.
6. Restart your PC to take effect.
Method 2: Disable proxy on Windows: Change LAN Settings
- Press Win key + R and type inetcpl.cpl in the search bar to open internet properties.
- Navigate to Connections tab.
- Click on LAN settings button to change proxy settings.
- Uncheck the box Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections)
- Click on Ok
Method 3: Disable proxy on Windows: Check if proxy is disabled
The first method is tricky but effective. If second method does not work, the third method. To check if proxy is disabled, follow the method:
- Open setting app. To do it, type settings in the taskbar search and click on the result.
- Now go to Network & Internet section.
- Navigate Proxy from the left panel to edit Automatic Proxy setup.
- Turn off both Automatic detect settings and use set up script.
It will disable all proxy and your problems will be resolved.
That the process of turning off/disabling the Proxy on Windows 10. Try all method and see which works fine.
Recommended: How to take screenshot on Windows 10 easiest way
- “System error 6118 has occurred”- How to fix it quickly?
- All Useful and essential Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts