The error 0xc004f074 occurs while users try to activate the Windows 10 operating system on their laptop or desktop. Key Management Service (KMS) works to activate Windows. When there is a disparity between KMS and Windows server, this error may occur. Fortunately, there is a couple of methods to fix error 0xc004f074 in Windows 10.
This error code is found after installing the Windows operating system, Windows reminds the user to activate it in the trial period. If anybody downloads the operating system software from an illegal source and installs it, then this error code might occur.
Let”s see how to fix the error.
How to fix error 0xc004f074 in Windows 10
Step 1: Run slmgr.vbs Command Using Command Prompt
1. Type cmd or command prompt on the search bar. Right-click on it and click on Run as administrator.
2. After clicking on Run as an administrator, Account Control prompt will ask you if you want to make changes on your computer. Click Yes and launch Command Prompt.
3. Type the command slmgr.vbs /ipk xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx, where the xxxx represents the 25 digit product key. Now hit Enter.
4. Again type the slmgr.vbs /ato and hit Enter.
5. Now restart your computer.
Step 2: Run the Slui 3 command
1. Press Win Key + R to launch Run.
2. Type slui 3 and hit Enter.
3. Write or paste the product key and click on Activate.
4. Now reboot your computer and check if the problem is solved. Otherwise, try next method.
There are four types of slui command: Slui 4 command directs the Call Microsoft & Manually Activation methods.
Method 3: Run System File Checker
- File system checker scans the corrupted files on your system. If there is any Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing, it directs you to resolve it.
2. Type cmd or command prompt on the search bar and right-click on it.
3. Click on Run as administrator. Then click on Yes.
4. Write sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
It will take a couple of minutes to scan files and do as directed.
5. Restart your computer.
Method 4: Run Windows Update and Activation Troubleshooter
- Type setting on search bar to launch Settings app. Go to Update and Security.
Locate troubleshooter and click on Run the troubleshooter on Windows update.
2. It will sometimes take to find and resolve problems. Wait until completes.
3. Otherwise, go to Settings > Update & Security > Activation > Troubleshooter.
I think after completing all the mentioned methods the error 0xc004f074 in Windows 10 will be fixed. If the problems continue after doing the methods contact to the Microsoft support team.
- Windows 10 Shuts Down Instead Of Sleep or Hibernating- How to fix it?
- How to disable proxy on Windows 10? -Quick fix
- How to take screenshot on Windows 10: Easiest ways with images
- “System error 6118 has occurred”- How to fix it quickly?