On Windows 10 you will get a lot of options to log in to your computer including, Windows hello face, Windows hello fingerprint, Windows hello pin, security key, password, and picture password. If you are the owner of your PC and feel tiring to put your password every time you boot your computer, you can bypass the login screen in Windows 10. Let’s see how to automatically login without a password into Windows 10/8.
Process automatically login without a password into Windows
If you are using Windows 10 with the latest updates (May 2020 Update or newer, you have to disable Windows hello password for Microsoft linked account. For local account on your Windows 10 computer, you need not disable this. To check this go to Settings> Accounts> Your info and see the type of user account.
Disable the Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts
Step 1: Go to Setting by pressing Windows Key + I or click on the start icon and then select Settings on the left bar.
Step 2: Click on Accounts.
Step 3: Select sign in option at the left panel.
Step 4: Scroll down and toggle the switch to off position for require windows hello sign in for Microsoft account option.
That’s it now move to the next step.
Open User Accounts window to disable user must enter a username and password
Step 1: Launch Run by pressing Windows Key + R.
Step 2: Write and command below and hit Enter or click on Ok.
Step 3: Uncheck the box user must enter a username and password to use this computer and click on apply.
Step 4: A new window will open asking enter username, password and confirm password, put them correctly, and click on OK.
Now close the window. Your computer is ready to log in to the default account without entering the password.
You need not enter password while rebooting and on the lock screen.
Note: While you are walking away from your computer you can lock your computer by pressing Windows Key + L.
Enable auto login via command prompt
Step 1: Open command prompt. Write cmd in the search bar and click on it to launch.
Step 2: Write the command below and hit enter.
Step 3: The same user accounts will open. Un-check the box before user must enter a username and password to use this computer and click on apply.
That is the process to automatically login without a password into Windows.
FAQ on automatically login without a password into Windows
1. How to recover Windows password?
If your computer is linked with Microsoft account, follow the steps:
1. Connect your PC to n internet, so make sure your PC is online.
2. On the Windows 10 login screen, click on I forgot my password.
3. Enter Microsoft account email address and press Enter.
4. If Microsoft prompts to verify that it’s really you. You can instruct Microsoft to send a code to you by email or SMS.
5. Once you receive that code, enter it into the Windows login screen. Now set new Password for your computer.
You may also like:
- How to set a password expiration date in Windows 10 for both Microsoft linked Account and Local account
- How to empty Recycle Bin on a schedule on Windows 10
- How to Turn on or off Windows Defender Firewall on Windows 10
- How to turn off Real-time protection in Microsoft Defender on Windows 10
- How to scan a file or folder with Microsoft Defender on Windows 10