The default antivirus on Windows 10 is Microsoft Defender. It scans files, folders, programs on your Windows 10 computer unless you disabled it or installed the third-party antivirus software. The name Microsoft Defender comes after Windows 10 May 2020 update, prior to this its name was Windows defender.
You can run a quick scan, full scan, and custom scan with Microsoft Defender, or any specific file or folder. Scanning a specific file or folder comes under custom scan.
Let’s see, how to to scan Scan a file or folder with Microsoft Defender on Windows 10
Process to scan Scan a file or folder with Microsoft Defender on Windows 10
Step 1: Locate the file or folder your want to scan. It may be on any drive or desktop or download folder.
Step 2: Right-click on the file and select Scan with Microsoft Defender.
Step 3: Microsoft Defender app will open and start scanning the file. If it does not find any malware then you will see “no current threats” message.
Step 4: If the app finds and threats, you will see Threats found. You will see another option: Start Action. Click on it to remove the threats.
Microsoft Defender will remove threats from your device. That’s the process scan a file or folder with Microsoft Defender on Windows 10 device.
Comment me if you face any problem with you Windows computer.
You may also like:
- How to disable Windows store app update notification on Windows 10
- Fix Your Windows License Will Expire Soon Error on Windows 10
- How to Create WiFi Hotspot on Windows 10 PC without using any tool
- How to Fix 0x3A98 Error in Windows 10 [Solved]
- How to open .Jar files in Windows 10
- 7 Ways to Fix Windows Update Error 0x80010108 on Windows 10