Many users report the problem that Wi-Fi is connected, but they can not access the internet. It is very frustrating to see that Oops! No internet connection or can’t access to the Internet or not connected. This problem may cause due to two reason;
1) Problem on your windows operating system
2) Problem in your Router.
If you are the victim of this issue, Wi-Fi connected but no internet on Windows 10, don’t worry. Follow these methods.
How to solve Wi-Fi connected but no internet on Windows 10?
Method 1: Reboot your computer
Restarting the computer is one of the ways of fixing any problem on Windows 10. When Windows restart it stops all programs and services and load again fresh. So, there is a chance that your problem with the network will solve. Before restarting or rebooting your PC, deactivate third-party antivirus program. Sometimes antivirus program changes settings on Windows operating system, this may cause issue instead of providing protection. If the problem continues after rebooting PC, try the next method.
Method 2: Restart the router/modem
The problem of no internet, come from your router or modem. It can not be started like windows just do the steps:
- Power off the router and unplug it.
- Wait for 1-2 minutes.
- Plugin it and power up the router.
- Wait for some time until the router starts to work properly.
- Reconnect Wi-Fi and check if the internet is working.
If there is reset button on your router, press it to restore it to default settings. But, but try another methods and then do this.
If the issue persists try the next method.
Method 3: Unplug/plug or change the cable
This problem may arise due to faulty cable. If are using Ethernet cable (the internet cable), unplug it and also unplug the direct cable connection. Now, plugin the direct cable connection and check if Wi-Fi is working. If not working, contact the internet service provider and tell them to troubleshoot the problem.
Now, plug in the Ethernet cable and check if it is connected. If it’s working properly, you are lucky. Otherwise, try another method.
Method 4: Try a different browser
Sometime browses unable to access internet and load web page. Launch the different browser and try to open different web pages. You can reset your browser settings.
Method 5: Run Windows Network troubleshooter
To launch troubleshooter on Windows 10, type troubleshooter on the search bar.
- Go to settings and Network & Internet and locate status.
- Click on Network troubleshooter and follow the steps.
It will take some time to find the problem and if windows troubleshooter finds any issue, it will fix it. Follow the instruction on the troubleshooter.
Method 6: Run Commands
Using command prompt may seem tricky to new user but it is super easy. Follow the steps.
- Type cmd on the ch bar, right-click on Command prompt.
- Click on run as administrator.
- Type these commands:
netsh winsock reset netsh int ip reset
It will reset the files used when you go on online.
Finally, refresh your computer’s DNS settings with this command:
4. Run the command to get a fresh IP address.
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
5. Type the command to refresh DNS setting
5. Now restart your computer.
Method 7: Update Network Drivers on Windows 10
Specially update Wi-Fi driver on your system.
- Launch control panel and go to device manager. You can do by pressing Win key + X and locate Device manager.
- Click on Network Adaptors.
- Right-click on Wi-Fi Adaptor and click on update driver software.
- It may take a couple of minutes to update.
- If you don’t find network adaptor, install any driver installer.
Hopefully, these methods will solve your problem Wi-Fi connected but no internet on Windows 10. Sometimes updating your system may resolve this problem. So keep it updated.
Recommended: Windows 10 Shuts Down Instead Of Sleep or Hibernating- How to fix it?
- How to disable proxy on Windows 10? -Quick fix
- How to take screenshot on Windows 10: Easiest ways with images
- “System error 6118 has occurred”- How to fix it quickly?